Heart Disease Community
Lateral Ischemia

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Lateral Ischemia

After Pacemaker Surger my ECG test came back abnormal.  Is it normal for them to come back with Right Bundle Branch Block and T Wave Abnormality, consider Laterial Ischemia?  And what does this mean?

This discussion is related to lateral ischemia.
Tags: ischemia
There are many false positives associated with an EKG and requires further testing to validate.  RBBB, if valid, indicates some blockage of electrical pathways for transmitted impulses to contract the heart chambers.  If there is blockage, it may cause irregular heartbeats...very common to have extra and/or delayed heartbeats.

T wave abnormality, if valid, indicates there is some blockage of coronary arteries causing ischemia (lack of blood flow) in the location shown.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for the response.

Do you know if the test come back abnormal because the Pacemaker takes over?  I don't know if this is normal or if I should be concerned.  The 1st abnormal ECG was the afternoon after the surgery.  The 2nd abnormal ECG was the following day.

Jewels1949
The abnormal EKG can be related to a  loss of atrial-ventricular synchrony in patients with a pacemaker. Or abnormal EKG can be due to an artefact (equipment problem), etc.  If there seems to be a problem with ischemia, a stress test would be appropriate as an EKG is not very relaible for that dx..
Avatar n tn
Thank you so much.  You've been very helpful!

Jewels
Avatar n tn
A couple of days after the Pacemaker Surgery I started having Vertigo everyday.  It's been over a month. Could the ECG results be from a mini stroke?

Jewels
Mini stroke (TIA)  represents temporary stroke warning symptoms. A stroke can be impairment of sensation, level of consciousness, balance, or voluntary motion caused by a rupture or obstruction of an artery in the brain. In short: a stroke is a brain attack. TIA is not a full-blown stroke, but mimics one as you suggest.  

An Electrocardiogram (EKG) to confirm a regular heart rate, blockage of electrical impulses through the heart, etc. It will not show any blood flow through the vessels, bleeding, blockage, etc..The ekg only analyzes electrical wave impulses.  

A computerized tomography (CT scan) of the brain to look for bleeding would be appropriate test.  Or Carotid ultrasound to look for narrowing of the large blood vessels in the neck.