Leaking Aorta
I had an echocardiogram done friday and the tech said that he saw some regurgitation in my aorta and I am so scared. He didn't say how bad it was because he is not the doctor. How serious is this? He said it was common to see this. I just don't want to have open heart surgery. I get to talk to the doctor monday but I am very ancious. Any info will be very appreciated!
Oh and he said that my heart was pushing enough blood through.
I believe if it were serious the tech would not have said anything!.  He should not have said anything in any event as it can cause unnecessary anxiety.  

Apparently, there is minor leakage with aorta valve (one-way pass of blood from the left ventricle into corculation) but it is insignificant according to the tech because there is enough blood pumped into the system.  

It is not unusual to have some backflow through the vaves.  Sometimes there is a little calcification around the orifice of the valve so flaps don't close tightly.  Should be of no concern.
Thanks for responding, that does make me feel a little better. My anxiety has been so high since he told me that.