Heart Disease Community
Left Bundle Branch Blockage

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Left Bundle Branch Blockage

I am undergoing tests for a left bundle branch blockage after being notified that I have an abnormal EKG. My ECHO and Cardiac Scoring came back good and perfect respectively. My nuclear stress test came back positive. My cardiologist thinks it may be a false positive. I am having a CT of my heart on Monday morning. I have Graves Disease, CVID, and Fibromyalgia, but I am not aware of ever having had a heart attack before. The medications that I take have made my weight fluctuate wildly but would that cause the bundle branch blockage? Could migraine medications do this to my heart? Does anyone know anything out there that could have done this to my heart? I have had courses of DHE to break migraine cycles. Would that do it?
Hi, I am going through tests on my heart (abnormal EKG's/chest pain) as well and have severe migraines.  I was on nortriptyline (a.k.a. Pamolar) which is an SSRI and take Imitrex and have taken other tryptan's for migraines.  My neurologist took me off of nortriptyline because he was concerned about the EKG.chest pain.  Don't know what DHE's are?  I have also read that imitrex and drugs in that category CAN rarely can cause heart problems.  You might want to check with your general practitioner or neuro if you see about this.  Also, do you have a mitral valve prolapse w/reflux?  I think this would show on an ECHO? the reason I ask is that I was diagnosed several years ago adn the dr. says this causes chest pain and heart palpitations as well as migraines and low blood pressure-all of which I have recently experienced.  Please keep me posted!!
Most bundle branch problems are inherited. I am 74 and have had this all my life. Keep a copy of a past EKG to show as when getting a new EKG it shows up as a possable heart attack.
Bundle branch blocks aren't usually a problem unless they are a complete block. From the normal SA Node (which fires off the first electrical impulse to cause the heart to beat) the electrical impulse heads down to the AV Node and from there they divide in the Bundle Branches which is called the Bundle of His.  From there they go down the right of left side of the heart muscle. If the impulse is delayed that is what the block is. There is First, Second and Third Degree blocks and depending on the degree of the block, that would be what causes the person to have the symptoms they are having.
i've had a complete right bundle branch block and a semi anterior left BB for years. I've been  seen by  nine cardiologists. Finally I had a stent put in three months ago. In all this time not one of the doctors has been impressed with the blockages. I've given up asking them. I can only conclude the blocks  don't matter, in my case at least. Calm down, Missy. Just keep an eye on it
i saw a cardiologist for the first time today, was in the ER over the weekend for breathing problems and they did an ekg...comes back abnormal, i have lbbb.....cardiologist scared me half to death, says it could be a blockage or my heart could just be wearing out...i am 50 years old, female no health problems in the past..stress test tomorrow, another echo test thursday..i am terrified, i am afraid now of even being home alone, for fear of a heart attack..help me please someone....