Heart Disease Expert Forum
Leg pain/ foot tingling

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Leg pain/ foot tingling
I am a 21 year old male in good health. I drive twice a week to college which is about an hour away. When i get there I have a pretty long walk up hill to my first class. Within the last month or so when I walk to class the bottom of my left foot and toes go numb. i also have pain going down the back of my leg. This ussualy goes away in about 10 minutes after I sit down. However, within the last two days I have had this pain more constant whether I was walking or sitting down and it doesn't go away as easily.

Could this be a problem with the circulation to my leg or is it more likely to be associated with my back or nerves.
This is more likely a problem with your back and irritation of the nerves there. Regardless of what is causing your symptoms, you should get evaluated by a doctor. You are relatively young to have these sort of problems.
A related discussion, This is almost exactly what i am experiencing was started.