Life span of Aortic aneurysm patients
Recently my father was admitted to the ER due to having a terrible feeling in chest. At first he thought it was gallbladder, but it is very serious.  The doctors confirmed he had an aortic aneurysm that my mom said "has gone all the way down the heart" I am assuming she meant that the aneurysm is severe, and is at a high expansion rate.  I asked her about the centimeters of the expansion, but she was never informed about this.
  The doctors also put him in a type B unoperable status, and haven't really answered my mom's questions. I am so worried, and keep praying everything is going to be ok.  I am so unfamiliar with this disease, but have heard it is genetic(his parent died at a young age, presumably due to this). I am also wanting to know if one can live a normal life, with monitoring of this condition.  Apparently he is completely limited to lifting, exercise and normal activities. Can anyone help me by explaining the situation more in detail, the life span, and should I be checked out as I have high bp, and have a little boy? Thanks.
Maybe you should accompany your dad to his follow up appointment.  He should request copies of all notes and test results....He is entitled to answers, including the measurements....You may find some helpful information at www.valvereplacement.com.