Heart Disease Community
Lipitor side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Lipitor side effects

I've been on Lipitor 10mg for about 4 years.  I've had episodes of burning type muscle pain in my legs and arms along with general feeling of nausea and malaise.  My doctor feels this could be because of the Lipitor and I stopped taking it 4 days ago.  How long until I can expect to see improvement?  Blood work shows no elevated white count or anemia.  Thanks.
Does your doctor also check your liver enzymes every 3-4 months?  Stopping 4 days ago is to early to tell if its the Lipitor I'd give it another week.
At my doctors suggestion, I stopped lipitor for about six weeks because I was having some muscle/joint issues.   The problems went away, and rather than try another statin, I went back to lipitor.  No problems since.  I don't know the cause--perhaps arthritis, but I do not believe it was a side effect of lipitor.  I am just suggesting that you keep an open mind during this evaluation process.  Your episodes may be unrelated to lipitor.  
Can Lipitor cause stomach problems like damage to lining or acid reflux.
I would suggest a google search for lipitor side effects.  I don't believe the issues you mentioned are related to lipitor, but you should check it out.
My mom's been on Lipitor for about 2 and a half weeks and her body is still trying to get use to her medication..... are there any symptoms that she should beware of that are normal?

The only thing that she has felt so far is nausea and loss of appitiete
My dad has been on Lipitor for years. His only complaints have been the "weak in the knees" feeling he gets once in a VERY great while - Dr's suggestion is to go off of it for a while till he feels ok then he goes back on it with no problems for a long time again...... he has his blood checked routinely and nothing has ever shown up.

Sometimes it takes up to a week or two before he feels "normal" again.