Heart Disease Expert Forum
Lone A Fib

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Lone A Fib

I have been diagnosed by my cardioligist with Lone A-Fib.  I am in my mid forties a former college athlete in excellent condition. The A Fib started about two years ago.  I was recently tested on the treadmill as being 10% above the 100 percentile for my age group.  The A-Fib usually starts during vigorous exercise when I am feeling great or first thing in the morning also when I am feeling great.  It lasts from 5-30 hours, although it has been as little as 10 minutes, and happens 1-2 times a month, often around the same time of the month.  I don't get the A-Fib at night and have cut out the things like caffine, alchohol etc. that can cause an episode.  This leads me to believe that the A Fib is adrenaline related.  Do you know of anthing I can do or take to alleviate this condition, and can you suggest a doctor I could see in the Dallas area or elsewhere who specializes in adrenaline related Lone A-Fib that could help advise me on what can be done for this condition.

I appreciate your web pages and hope my information is helpful to others.
Dear Todd,

I do not know of anyone specifically in the texas area although would recommend Dr. Hillis at U.T in general.

You may want to consider a low dose beta blocker to help decrease adrenergic impulses.