Heart Disease Expert Forum
Low Blood Pressure

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Low Blood Pressure
I am dizzy all the time, especially when I move my head up, down and sideways.  The worst is when I go to bed at night.  I hate to lie down.  I can only stop the dizziness when I close my eyes.

My energy levels are low and I need frequent breaks.  I can't eat much at one time either.

After extra busy days of physical activity I am totally wiped out.  I cannot get out of bed.

During my period it is worse.  I am extremely dizzy and some vomiting.  

I don't know what to do.  Is mild exercise recommended and what about diet.

My mother had the same problem when she was my age.  She took all battery of tests but no real answers.  Could it be hereditary?  

Please let me know what to do.
Your symptoms could be due to low blood pressure, and there can be a familial tendency to this. If this is indeed the diagnosis, medications exist which can raise the blood pressure. I would suggest seeing a neurologist or a cardiac electrophysiologist, doctors who are used to treating these conditions.
I've had the same symptoms when i had an inner ear infection - maybe you can see an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist for an evaluation.

jennifer
M
hI,

What is your normal BP? Yes, having a constant low BP will make you tired and dizzy. Hope you keep a log of what your blood pressure is morning, noon, and night. This would be helpful information to give to your doctor.

I have a basically normal BP, but there are times my BP crashes. I get very dizzy, Hot and weak. My HR follows my BP crash, both crash.

Have you been to a Cardio. Doctor? If so what does he/she say?

Sure hope you get the answers you are looking for. No one should have to go thru life feeling that bad.

I wish you well
This sounds like a problem I have been having, too.  I also have a very low BP, but my symptoms point to an inner ear problem -- sounds like yours might, too, especially considering it gets worse when lying down.   Sounds like BPV -- check with your doctor!  BPV is relatively easy to cure with some simple manouvers.
I noticed recently that my BP crashes during weightlifting. there is a BP machine in the gym & i take my BP prior to working out (usually 110/65) and then while I am working out it gets as low as 100/50.  this causes me to get lightheaded ( i am 6'0, 240 lbs & this is pretty low for a bigger person).
i take Atenolol (25 mg/day) for anxiety.  could the atenolol cause my BP to be so low?
does this seem normal?