Heart Disease Community
Low PR High BP

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Low PR High BP

When I awake in the morning I have a low pulse rate and high BP. My heart rate is around 48-52 but my BP is around 140-90. I awake tired and am lethargic  during the day. I take 1/2( 50mg) cozaar in the morning and 1/2 at night. I also take 5 bmg of Norvasc in the morning for the HBP

When BP down my pulse rate is up. Anyone have any ideas ?

I have never been tested for a sleep disorder and my wife says I snored only rarely.
I am now 60 and I was fairly athletic until age 30. Is it normal to have a low pulse at my age when you do not have a daily fitness program ?

Tired of feeling deenegized.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?

This discussion is related to High BP but Low pulse rate.
Avatar n tn
Well I may be wrong, but I don't think you have to snore to have a sleep disorder.  The elevated BP and your other symptoms certainly do point in that direction.  It probably wouldn't hurt to investigate it with a sleep study.  At the very worst, you could at least rule it out if the study is negative.  If your heart rate is only that low upon awakening, I think that is normal.  If it remains a little low during the day and does not rise with activity, then that might need to be looked into.