Heart Disease Expert Forum
Low blood pressure and Tachycardia

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Low blood pressure and Tachycardia

Posted By  CCF CARDIO MD - MTR on April 12, 1999 at 21:59:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Low blood pressure and Tachycardia posted by Trish on April 12, 1999 at 18:50:19:

: Suzanne
  : I just went to see my doc who is sending me for a cardiology consult.....He also wants me to have the tilt table test.....Yikes you say it is not a picnic..I hate tests as it is... He also said I do have a fast heart rate...Upon sitting I was tachy.. I worry but I had an ekg that was ok besides the tachycardia. Well thank you for posting..It is good to here it is most likely nothing horrid...
  Trish

_
Dear Trish, I'm glad that you went to see your physician.  The fast resting heart rate makes me still wonder about hyperthyroidism which I think needs to be ruled out.    The cardiology consult and tilt table test certainly sound appropriate.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. Please feel free to write back with additional questions.  Good luck!
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.   The Heart
Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.