Heart Disease Expert Forum
Low blood pressure and a low heart rate
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low blood pressure and a low heart rate

I just had a biometric screening and they found that my blood pressure reading is:  107/72 and my pulse is 51 per minute.  I have also been feeling light headed and dizzy when standing up.  NOTE:  I had Lap-Band Surgery last July 2007 and have lost over 70lbs.  Could this be related to that?  What could be causing this and what should my next steps be?