MAP
According to my doctor...(take this for what it's worth) MAP = systolic + 2(diastolic) / 3.  The AVERAGE MAP for homosapiens  is "60 or more with a "normal range" of 60-100"....a blood pressure of 125/86 (my bp  as of 5 minutes ago) gives me a MAP of 99 which I'm assuming is just barely acceptable and I won't have a stroke tonight...I guess.

This discussion is related to Blood Pressure - What is MAP ?.
First, I will start by saying that I am a medical student currently learning about the cardiovascular system. Having said that, my explanation is what we have just been taught, but I do not know how this will apply to what your current physician tells you.

MAP is mean arterial pressure. It is essentially the average force that your heart is producing during the cardiovascular cycle. The formula to calculate MAP is as follows: MAP = diastolic + 1/3 (systolic - diastolic). The reason the formula is not a "true" mean is because the length of time the heart spends in systole and diastole are not equal. Instead, the hearts spends twice as much time in diastole as it does in systole.Therefore, the heart spends roughly 2/3 of the time in diastole and only 1/3 of the time in systole. A normal blood pressure is 120/80 which gives a normal MAP value of around 90.

Hope this clarifies some things :)