Heart Disease Expert Forum
MR TR, results from Echocardiogram
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MR TR, results from Echocardiogram

I am a 27 year old woman, I have a long family history of heart problems.  
  Whithin the last year I have been experiencing irregular heartbeats,
  palpations, shortness of breath, chest pain, and exhaustion.  In the last
  two weeks I have had an EKG(which came back fine), an echocardiogram,
  and a holter monitor. Today I got the results of those last two tests.
  The holter monitor show that my heart rate would jump rapidly (from
  80-150) with no change in physical activity.  The echocardiogram showed
  two valves leaking, my doctor referred to this as MR TR, but did not have
  time to explain it other than to say that I would require antibiotics
  whenever I have teeth cleaning or surgury done.  
   I will be having a stress test in about two weeks and will be able to
  discuss this further with my physician but until then could you give me
  any information.
Related Discussions

_
Dear Ree, thank you for your question. With the information you've provided, I can't be sure why your heart rate increased so rapidly and what heart rhythm you were in when your heart rate increased.  However, it is not normal for the heart rate to go as high as 150 without exercising.  Secondly,  I would need to know the degree of leaking of the mitral and tricuspid valves to comment on the MR and TR.  You may just have had mild MR and mild TR which would be considered normal.  Most people have a small degree of valvular regurgitation that is not considered to be a problem.  I think you should have the stress test done and then sit down with your physician to comprehensively go over all the results of your tests.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. Please feel free to write back with additional questions.  Good luck.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.   The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.

0 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, hangi ilde doğdun was started.
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...