Heart Disease Expert Forum
MRI with a mechanical aortic valve

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

MRI with a mechanical aortic valve
I have a mechanical aortic valve and need an MRI.  Has anyone out there had an MRI with a mechanical aortic valve?  My left knee is having some pain and swelling and the doctor needs an MRI to "see" inside whether there is a pulled or torn ligament.

So if anyone has had an MRI with a mechanical aortic valve, please let me know.  I'm scheduled for Monday, 21st, for the MRI.

Thank you.
Most mechanical valves have now been deemed safe to undergo MRI scans, however you or the radiology department where you are having the procedure done needs to check with the manufacturer of your heart valve and make sure that it is MRI safe, however most are now.  But, I would not assume so and make sure the radiology department has checked!!!