Heart Disease Community
MVP or MVPS

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

MVP or MVPS

I was diagnosed with MVPS in 1986 and my dad (no longer living) had it. Recently, my youngest son (24 years) had an echo done as he had been having periodic double & skipped beats along with feeling faint and fatigued. The echo did not show any MVP but his symptoms are still there.  Can a person have MVP or MVPS and not show up in the echo?  He doesn't know what else to do and I am concerned about the faintness especially when he said it has started coming on sometimes when he has been driving.  Thanks.
If your dad had mvp and you son has all the symptoms it's a pretty sure bet that he also has it.  MVP does NOT show up on an echocardiogrm about 50% of the time.  this doesn't mean there's srugery down the road, if the valve was that bad it would have shown up.  They should certainly treat him he feels like he's going to faint. Most people with mvp have low blood pressure and low blood volume, he needs to drink tons of water and/or Gatorade to help this.
bonlou
I'm the cofounder of The Society for MVPS, if you need more help with this please let me know.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
remar commented on dominosarah's status
ljhomes is ... Comment
Feb 04
Paxiled commented on Worst Foods For An Er...
Feb 04