Heart Disease Expert Forum
MVP or something else?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

MVP or something else?

I was diagnosed with MVP quite a few years ago. I'm 30 now. I have the symptoms -- palpatations, fatigue, chest discomfort -- that I live with every day. Lately it has been getting worse. I've been dizzy and light headed. I have shortness of breath and the palpatations are more frequent.
I'm not sure if this is stress related anxiety or caused by the MVP. I'm worried which does not help my symptoms at all I'm sure.
My doctor gave me a beta blocker last year to help with the symptoms but it doesn't seem to be doing much good.
I haven't had a check up in a while. I had an echocardiogram and wore a halter monitor when they were testing me for the MVP.
Should I have more tests done? Could there be more wrong?
You probably should have both tests ( the echocardiogram and Holter ) repeated since your symptoms have worsened. It could be that the MVP has degenerated into MR, or that a leaflet has ruptured. The palpitations could also be caused by different tachycardias, and not just SVT. You should also have your dose of beta blocker increased in the meantime.
I went to see my doctor last night and he wants me to get an echo. I am scheduled in two weeks. He upped my dosage of the beta blocker as well.

Hopefully it's still just MVP.  What is MR? I've seen it on the boards but don't know the meaning.

Thanks for the advice!
I believe that MR is mitral regurgitation.
Yep, MR is mitral regurgiation, or leaking.  There are different degrees of regurgitation, so don't be too alarmed if you find out you have some regurgitation.  If that turns out to be the case, ask the doctor how significant the regurgitation is.  

Hope the increased dosage of BB helps you to feel better.