MVP
I have MVP with moderately severe regurg.  Three years ago 2 well known surgeons in NYC  wanted to operate on me.  I also have a PFO and suffer migraines.  My cardio thinks I can wait for surgery.  I take toporol XL 25 mg  also Pravachol and Zetia.  My blood pressure runs about 110 to 120 over 70  so I do not take the toporol for high bp but for the mitral valve.  My cholesterol   is now 197 was 210 before the statins My hdl is 107  so I do not take them for high cholesterol.  1 1/2 years ago I was hit by car while walking on the sidewalk.  I suffered a shattered right leg, fractured shoulder and head trauma.  I just had the hardware removed from my leg and waiting for that to heal.  I am terrified of having a heart attack or stroke.  I am more terrified of open heart surgery.  I am 72  and before my horrible accident looked 50.  I dont know what to do .  I need help.  Any suggestions.  Possibly another Cardio in NYC  would be a help.  Thank you
Hi Kaliffa,

Sorry to hear about the car accident and all that you are dealing with.  Lots of goods news though - GREAT BP and cholesterol!!  Just curious, are you on coumadin or aspirin as a stroke preventive?

I also have MVP with at least moderate regurgitation, but no PFO or migraines. I was referred for surgery several years ago, but did not meet the criteria (whew).  Does the toporol help with the migraines?  My daughter used to get migraines and she tried several of the migraine medications to no avail.  However, a daily dose of Inderal help a LOT!  She used to have 4-5 migraines/week, and now gets one every 3-4 weeks.  

What surgery do the cardios want to do?  Are you symptomatic from the MR?

Connie