Heart Disease Expert Forum
Male face flushing

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Male face flushing

I am searching for answers to a male flushing issue. I am a 51 year old male. In shape, blood pressure is always in the normal range (or slightly below). The only other issue I have is some minor digestive issues. I take 20mg of Omeprazole about every-other day to control. I do take vitamins daily. I did eliminate these for several weeks to determine if there was an issue with Niacin.
I have often bouts of facial flushing. When this occurs my face is warm to the touch but my skin color does not change drastically. In addition my ears feel the same effect. I have tried to identify triggering mechanisms. The only ones which I have been able to identify are; Warm environments without airflow trigger these bouts. A warm day or exposure to the sun does not have the same effect.  Alcohol sometimes is another trigger. Very stressful situations also trigger this condition.  Food does not seem to trigger the flushing. I have noticed a sneeze can also trigger a minor bout of flushing.
This Condition can manifest itself from severe, almost sweating to a minor warm feeling.  During certain bouts I have a feeling of being chilled. I do notice the need to urinate more frequently which this condition manifests itself.
I have gone through about every blood test, urine and stool tests – I saw an Endocrinologist and went through a barrage of Testosterone treatments. I had a CT to the head and neck. I have seen several doctors including an infectious disease doctor. My family doctor seems to think since all these tests have been performed it is nothing serious yet I want to know what is causing this condition so if possible I can have it treated. Thank you in advance
Were you checked for carcinoid syndrome and for pheochromocytoma.  These are the cardiovascular conditions that cause flushing.  Of course there are many others, but I think you endocrinologist would probably cover those.  The fact that you are having other symptoms in the belly would point me towards carcinoid syndorme.  A simple blood test can rule it out.  Also, flushing can be associated with specific liver enzyme types that some of us are born with.  Some of us don't metabolize alcohol or other substances as well, leading to flushing.  Some people of Asian descent, for example tend to flush after driniking small amounts of alcohol because they have small numbers of alcohol degrading enzymes.  
Thanks for the reply. I will follow-up. Would an endrocrinologist be the best doctor to see to test for these conditions? I first noticed these about 3 years ago. I can tell you the day and time. I thought I was coming down with a fever. As far as the stomach issues I have had acid reflux issues for a long time. Could this be related to the issues I am having?