Heart Disease Expert Forum
Marijuana and INR

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Marijuana and INR

Does THC/ Marijuana have an effect on INR (coagulation)? I have recently received a mechanical aortic valve and need to know which of my habits to curtail!
Avatar n tn

_

Dear Lionel
I do not know, and no one I asked knows. I suspect that the issue has never been studied. It would be safer to stop smoking, both in terms of your INR and your overall health.
I hope this has been useful. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to write back.
Information provided here is for general purposes only. Specific questions should be addressed to your own doctor. If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter. The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.