Medications
I have had hypertension for several years and have trouble with side effects from meds.  I have been taking Clonidine and Atenolol.  Since taking the clonidine since March I have felt strange sensations in my chest and also gained 10 pounds in two weeks.  I have been back to the Internal Medicine physician several times because of this.  Last week as I was walking in the park up a steep hill, I became short of breath and dizzy.  I had a hard time breathing.  I went to the do again and he gave me Valturna in additon to the other drugs.  The breathing problem continued where I could not catch my breath.  On Sunday I felt this weird sensation in my body and again could not breath.  The electrocardiogram showed extra beats and it was recommeded that I get a holter monitor.  The results were pvc s and pac s. Knowing that I have a hard time with meds, he said just to continue the meds.  Valturna 150 mg, clonidine 0.1 mg twice a day and Atenolol 25 mg twice daily.  I feel like a zombie in the corner.  Is it necessary to take this much medication.  Also my bp was hard to control on the clonidine and Atenolol.

This discussion is related to Are PVC's � PAC's Really benign or can they lead to future problems?.