Methods for Aortic Valve Replacement
Is laparoscopic aortic valve replacement a reliable alternative to open-heart surgery?  Is it widely available?
I am helping my father, who is 89, determine how best to deal with stenosis of the valve.  He is otherwise in excellent health.  I am worried the trauma of open-heart surgery will be too much for him.  Can you recommend resources for further reading?
Have the doctors mentioned anything about Balloon valvuloplasty.  Valve replacement through open heart surgery is a very big operation and has a risk in a person of any age.  I would seek every alternative before considering open heart surgery.  Sometimes valves get better on their own.  Does he have severe symptoms?  Here is a website address of one of the best hospitals in Minnesota for you to read:  http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/aortic-valve-stenosis/DS00418/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs