Middle Chest Pain
Some background: I'm a 21 yr old female. I am prescribed adderall and take ONE 20mg time released capsule a day during the week, and zero on weekends. I do drink coffee and smoke cigarettes, as well. (I know, I know!!).

Today at school, the middle of my chest began to mildly hurt and every so often, I would get really sharp piercing pains, but only in the centre of my chest. I mostly ignored it as I am fairly tolerant with pain. Throughout the day, it grew much stronger. By the end of the day, on my way home, I could NOT use my left hand to do anything physical, ie: open a door, carry a single book, even throw my (full) coffee cup away, without a severe pain going through the middle of my chest every time I lifted ANY weight with my left arm. As long as I am laying in bed or not moving my upper body, I have no real pain. A little pressure at best. The pain is completely centralised in the middle of my chest and hurts when I am up moving, mostly. I tried to get up to use the restroom and just to wash my hands afterwards in the sink was killing me as I was rubbing my hands together! It's such a strange thing, but it really really really hurts. With all this said, I cannot imagine that it would be my heart! I was thinking maybe some type of swelling? I don't understand how I would have a pulled/strained  muscle, as I truly don't do anything physical- Trust!. Any ideas? Heart?