Aa
A
A
Close
Mild MR and trivial TR
Hi I am a 28 year old Male. Recently my echo-cardiogram showed that I have Mild MR and Trivial TR. What are the future complications? Doctor said this is normal but my BP is a little high (150/90). He asked me to take TMT after a week. My question is what could have caused MR and TR?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
367994 tn?1304957193
Mild, trace description of valve leakage is considered medically insignificance.  Almost always there is no progression or problems.  The usual cause are leaflets don't completely and tightly close off any backflow into the atrium (upper chamber) when the lower chamber pumps blood into circulation.  Sometimes the opening may be slightly irregular or the chords that attach the leaflets to heart muscles can be slightly elongated and there is slight prolapse of the leaflets.

Untreated high blood pressure. Over time, high blood pressure can cause your heart to work harder and gradually your heart's left ventricle can enlarge. This can then stretch the tissue around your mitral valve, which can lead to leakage.  That occurred to me....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks Kenkeith.

Ignoring MR and TR, I am still confused on what would have caused my high BP because being a vegitarian I always thought my sodium intake is on a lower side and I don't take alcohol and don't smoke. I am moderately active. My father and mother both are hypertensive. Could that be the problem? If I manage my high BP, will that do in the long run?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands