Heart Disease Expert Forum
Mild heart enlargement

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Mild heart enlargement
Just wondering if an mildly enlarged heart can be normal.
My Grandma had an enlarged heart and lived to 100.
Everything I read says it is a sign of some kind of disease,
Fell anxious every day.
Usually an enlarged heart is not normal.  However, measuring the heart is very subjective and can be different depending on the individual or the machine measuring it.  Also, the size of your heart should also be compared to the size of your body so a heart that looks mildly enlarged in a 6'4" man may actually be normal for his size.  

If you do have an enlarged heart you can still live for a long, long time depending on the scenario and appropriate medications.

Hope this helps.  
Thank you,