Heart Disease Expert Forum
Mildly dilated left ventricular cavity
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Mildly dilated left ventricular cavity

I am a 60+ years old male recently underwent medical check up.  My ECG and 2D echo indicate that there is mild LV systolic dysfunction and no LA/LV clot /vegetation. My BP reads 160 / 90 and pulse rate most of the time is above 100 per min.  Subsequently, on Doctor's advice underwent Th201 stress test. Stress image revealed mildly hypoperfused distol and opicoseptal. The report suggested that there is mildly dilated left ventricular cavity and there could be mild stress induced ischemia in interior wall.
The next day My doctor suggested that I may have to undergo MSCT for coro..... (Word is not clear).  Please suggest me whether there is any medication available to rectify the suspected problem in the LV?  I do not wish to undergo angiography.  Thanks in anticipation.
Hcs
1687176_tn?1321401609
Hi Hcs.  Unfortunately there is no medication that provides a "cure" to blocked coronary arteries (if this is the case).  However, there are medications that patients should be on once a diagnosis of coronary artery disease has been established (whether by CT angio or coronary angiography) including aspirin and medications to lower blood pressure and cholesterol (bad cholesterol - i.e. LDL).  Other things we can to do prevent progression is to avoid tobacco use, eating a low salt/low fat diet, and participating in cardiovascular exercise 20-30 minutes, 4-5 times/week.  If you have a stress test that suggests ischemia and are having symptoms, it may be important to have coronary angiography performed at the recommendation of your evaluating physician to ensure there are no significant blockages that need to be addressed.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank