Heart Disease Expert Forum
Minimal Tricuspid Regurgitation, EF at 73% - Concerned

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I am 18 years old, female. I exercise. I weigh 117 pounds and am 5'4 tall.
I am recently having palpitations.
These palpitations are not really fast, I don't think my heart rate ever goes above 100 (exercising doesn't count). But the thing is, beats are so strong that I can feel it everywhere. In fact, when I sit still, **my body slightly rocks** (I checked on my webcam if I was really rocking and - yes). I can see my pulse on my neck and I bet my heart is visible on my chest when I'm lying down too.
So I went to a cardiologist, had ECG, 24h Holter, Blood tests and colored doppler electrocardiography. The doctor only checked the results of them which were watched/seen by other people. (who probably does this as a job, they would be experienced right?) Then sent me home saying I was healthy. But I weren't getting strong beats/pulse back then. Could it be anxiety?
Other than that, the doctor in my school, which is actually neurologist, told me I had heart murmurs. I had ECG again and he said ECG was normal.
I am confused. Why didn't the cardiologist told anything about it? The school doctor checked twice and it was there both times. (after 5 days) Then when I checked the Echo results that I have, I saw that there is Minimal Tricuspid Regurgitation.
Is this the cause of the murmurs? Is it dangerous?
So the questions are,
Could my chest/back pain related to my heart or is it just my stomach? Because I am kind of starting to think the "flutters" in my chest are because of some problem in my esophagus. I am feeling wheez in my chest (inaudible feeling) Is it heart/lung related?
Also after meals, I get dizzy/vertigo-like and my arms/hands get shaky.
Is it possible to miss some more problems about valves on echo? Is it possible for me to have some serious thing other than Min TR? Is it what causing murmurs?
Also, is 73% EF bad? I exercise and I don't want to harm myself.
What causes such strong beats? Should I continue exercising?
The finding of "trivial tricuspid regurgitation" is a benign finding and is not an uncommon in normal individuals.  This is not anything you should be concerned about and is likely not the culprit for any of your associated symptoms.  

Your ejection fraction of 73% is normal (normal EF > 50%) and you should also not be concerned about this.  The reason your EF is so high is because you are a young individual with a very strong heart (this is a good thing).

It is unclear what is causing your other symptoms, but in the setting of having a normal EKG, holter monitor, and echocardiogram, it is also very unlikely to be caused by a cardiac condition.

It is also possible that you are seeing your carotid upstrokes and/or the beating of your heart from your chest wall because you are young and relatively thin (your calculated BMI is 20.4).  This is also something you should not be concerned about.
Thank you for your answer.

I also want to ask if cardiomyopathy would be ruled out by my tests. No one mentioned it, but I don't want to miss anything. Because my doctor wasn't really helpful. He actually almost scolded me for going there "just for palpitations". He was a Prof, but not good with patients apparently.