Mitral Valve Prolapse
Hello everyone! Just new here.  Was diagnosed with MVP on June 2008.  Just before I found out what it was, I already resigned from my work because of lightheadedness and fainting spells.  Now, I am only staying at home and I rarely feel that way.  I'm only experiencing awareness of heartbeat and palpitations.  But sometimes I can't even sleep alone because I have a feeling that I will faint.  When I go out, I need to have someone beside me because I always feel that something will happen.  And I am also overly sensitive to noise and light.
I just want to ask for those who have the same illness, how are you living your life now?
Thanks and God bless!
There are many family members on my mom's side of the family that have heart problems and I have never heard from them or doctors a symptoms of fainting.  Does your doctor know that you faint often?  I am wondering if the lightheadedness and fainting are something else not caused from your heart?  The symptoms that I have heard from people are tiredness, weakness, sharp chest pains, irregular heartbeat, and awareness of the heart working.  
Hi.  Thanks for the comment.  I fainted about 4 times since my 2nd grade and that was brought about by other reasons like hot weather and being anemic.  But that was before and I was completely healthy before this diagnosis.  I always had a yearly check-up then.  My last fainting was Dec 2007 when I had cramps when I was asleep.  My first symptom for mvp is being lightheaded and the feeling that I will faint anytime.  My doctor said that it was because of my mvp and also anxiety.  Today, I don't feel fainting spells so often.  But still, I am not comfortable being alone and definitely not confident going out without companion.