Aa
A
A
Close
Moderate pulmonary valve stenosis and mild TR & PR
My son is 5 months old. His Echo report is : Moderate pulmonary valve stenosis noticed. PPG : 50 mmHg. Pulmonary valve thickened and domed. pulmonary valve annulus 8.5 mm. mindly dilated RA & RV. Mild TR noticed with PPG 17 mmHg. Mild PR noticed. Mild RVH. Intact IAS and IVS. No PDA or coarctation seen. No intracardiac mass or vegetation seen. All other valves and tracts are normal. No pericardial effusion is seen. Good bi ventricular function.
He advise me to BVP.
my Question, is he totally cure after BVP? or any complication arise in his future life?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Most of the time Pulmonary Stenosis can be regarded as benign but in the case of moderate, I'm a bit surprised they didn't offer to do Balloon Valvuloplasty unless his age contradicted it.    I was born with mild pulmonary stenosis and am 37 years old now with no issues whatsoever.   Though moderate can cause increased right heart size (Mild RVH) it can normalize or decrease after increasing the diamater of the pulmonary valve (or larger as he will grow into it)   The mild TR is likely from the increased pressure across the pulmonary valve as the tricuspid valve is acting like a "blow off" valve which should also normalize.   Through mild TR isn't uncommon in just about everyone in the general population.

Maybe get a second opinion, thats what my parents also did for me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1480750569
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
3 hrs ago
Blank
boluyawng commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
6 hrs ago
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
8 hrs ago
Heart Disease Community Resources