Heart Disease Community
My cardiologist doesn't take me seriously

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am a 48 y.o. female, have a long family history of heart disease on both sides of my family and have high cholesterol.  I have a 40% blockage of the LAD, a left bundle branch blockage, and a 30% blockage of the Circumflex. (ER physician said the blockages were 70% and 60% but IVUS cath said 40% and 30%).  I have a calcium score of 420.  I do not experience pain w/ exertion.  I have told my cardiologist repeatedly about abnormal heart beats that cause dizziness.  I experience pain in my left arm, pressure in the center of my chest and throat, pinching in my jaws, ache under my tongue, and pain between my left shoulder blade and spine.  He thinks the pain is something other than my heart.  He has sent me for testing on every organ in my body and found nothing except for the CAD.  Why does he doubt this is a heart problem?
Find another cardiologist. Your having heart symptoms.
I agree with the Cardiologist. Why? I have blockages worse than yours and my Agatston Score is 1243, but don't experience the other symptoms you mention. Wait, there is more, my wife, however, has no blockages - that is they never actually did an Angiogram - but has exactly the same symptoms as yours. The outcome of that, after I took her to the ER - she thought for the fourth time thart she had a heart attack- and further consultation with the Cardiologist, was that she had/has a Hiatal Hernia. She is taking medication for that and it hasn't re-occurred for 10 months.