Heart Disease Expert Forum
My ejection fraction is 30 percent What symptoms are because of that

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

My ejection fraction is 30 percent and have LBBB. 48 years old Male, 6'1,
205 pounds, Non smoker, social drinker. Diagnosed with LBB between 2 back surgeries ago back in 1995. Had not seen a cardiologist since 2004. Went for a checkup last November 2010. Testing started then because of these
symptoms: Left arm pains, palpitations, shortness of breath, Blood pressure around 150 over 90 on high day. Had a Echo, Nuclear Stress Test and Muga.
Now this Friday having a angiogram. Seem to have more chest pains lately, might be nerves etc?  Left arm pains, sore throat, chest discomfort. Anyway Dr. has not told me anything except ejection fraction is 30 percent and that is why we are testing. I look it up and find all kinds of different information. Desperate for more info.  

CSOKIRK,

You echo shows that your heart is not working at full strength. This may be due to blockages in the arteries to the heart and limit the amount of blood supply. Patients with this problem will frequently complain of chest pains and shortness breath - much like you.

In order to determine if the arteries are blocked, your cardiologist will perform an angiogram. He will place a small catheter into the arteries and inject dye into the coronary arteries. Using an xray machine he will be able to determine whether there are blockages present. It is a safe procedure in which the most frequent complication is bleeding from the site where the doctor will insert the catheters into your arteries (most commonly in the leg but some physicians use the arm). Bruising at the insertion site is fairly common but serious bleeding occurs in less than 5% of cases.