Heart Disease Community
My father EF ratio 30%, leg pain and shortness of breath so loss of sle...

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My father EF ratio 30%, leg pain and shortness of breath so loss of sleep as well

This is Jay. My father had a massive heart attack a year back he was 61yrs at that time so he undergone Angioplasty. After 4/5 months he was normal and can go out and take steps and  do cycling as well, though his EF is 30%.
But suddenly when he went to Market he become unconscious and vomitting we admitted him in near hospital and treatment done, he is a MD doctor. He was injected blood as well as the doctor said his haemoglobin is less and he is anemic.
Now the problem is for the past 2 months he is suffereing from leg pain and shortness of breat when walk for a very small distance and went to toilet or sit in a chair for a long time. These things make him loss of sleep in night eventhough he is taking sleeping pills.
Why is it so how to rectify this, he is suffereing from severe leg pain during sleep and sleep got disturbed so next day he is week, tired and shortness of breathe.

Why is it so when he will become normal and his EF also 30%, is there a possibilty to improve that?

Thanks,
Jay
What does his cardiologist say?

Short of breath can be caused by a heart failure but the pain that you describe in one leg I think that probably has nothing to do with his heart.

To me it sounds more like arthritis or vascular issues.

But be aware that I am not a doctor.

Jesus

Avatar n tn
Thanks for the fast reply.
We haven't visited cardiologist for the past few months as he was advised by M.D doctor not to travel. Pain is in both the legs and that came after angioplasty done.  Whenever he do some thing he bacame very tired.

I am afraid of EF factor 30% does it a big problem.

Thanks,
Jay
Was he put onto any medication after his heart attack? such as statins?
Avatar n tn
thanks . he is taking medicines prescribed by doctor but specifically i don't know what are the medicines he is talking
The aching muscles can be the result of side effects from medications, or problems with circulation. If the Doctors are unaware of this, I would notify them. They may just put it down to circulation but an investigation should be done to verify this and then suggest options.
Avatar n tn
Thanks Ed.

We are going to visit cardiologist again this saturday. As you said one doctor told that since EF is very small heart cant able to pump blood to all body equally so only this aching occurs like that.
Avatar n tn
hi

We visited cardiologist and after taking medicines now shortness of breath has gone he can breathe well and active. Leg pain is little bit.
My father was advised not to drink more than 1.25 ltrs of water per day.
Can he eat strawberry?
yes
Avatar n tn
One more thing that adverse conditions happened because of Low haemoglobin my father had now it is improving and he is fine