Heart Disease Expert Forum
My left ear has been bleeding for almost 2 days without pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Following a bout with the flu, I was feeling better for about a day, when I woke up with a terrible headache that has lasted for almost 2 days. It got slightly better after the first day, but was followed by waking up with vomiting, and stomachache until afternoon. I then noticed yesterday, the same day as the vomiting, my left ear started bleeding. Not heavily, but it's been continual, and has no pain associated with it, but my headache is getting worse again. The blood is frank blood, and hasn't gotten heavier, just continual, and there was no onset of pain when it started. I have very high blood pressure, and have had high blood pressure since my late 30's, but I thought then it was stress-related, my son was dying of Leukemia,and I didn't want to be put on BP meds until it got so bad in my late 40's, and my son had already died. I have High BP in my family, my dad had it very bad. (he has since died). My BP hasn't really been controlled, and even on medications, it remains high. I am worried about the headache, and the ear bleeding, especially since my ear doesn't hurt, but it just keeps bleeding. I have an appt. with my Primary physician, and hope i get him, (He is older and I trust him very much, he has caught many things in my family) I am a 57 year old white female, with degenarative disk disease. my back and legs hurt a lot, my back worse than normal, but since I ALWAYS have pain, don't know if the worsening is related. Thanks for any advice.
I'm sure the doctor will answer you soon, but although I'm not a doctor, I can tell you that bleeding from the ear is something you should immediately get help for, at your emergency room if necessary.  You might have a ruptured ear drum.

Your blood pressure is not the real problem right now.

Here's more information:

http://voices.yahoo.com/what-causes-bleeding-ear-canal-4012171.html?cat=5

High blood pressure that is uncontrolled can occasionally cause headache though does not cause bleeding in the ear. I would recommend that you see your doctor as soon as possible to discuss this issue as you will likely require some imaging of your head if you have a bad headache and bleeding from your ear. If you are not able to see your doctor today, I would consider being evaluated at an urgent care or Emergency Department. I hope this helps.
Thanks for writing, my head hurts so much, it is hard to think straight. I DID see a nurse/practitioner but she was in such a hurry to go home she actually said, and this is a direct quote, "I don't have time for all your symptoms, so we'll deal with your blood pressure" (Which, I might add, was rising by the minute, especially following THAT remark! In fact, it rose, literally to 195/93 by the time I left the office, and I AM on blood pressure medicine) I made another appt. with my primary, who I have had for over 20 years, and I trust him the most. My ear is still bleeding, and my stomach and abdomen are hurting again, although no vomiting. I live in a small town where you DON'T go to the emergency room unless you have a good idea what is wrong! They almost killed my son more than once. (he died of leukemia, but the oncologists at UCSF FORBID me to go to our emergency room!) I will post when they figure this out, but it is such a drag to be unable to enjoy anything.
It sounds like a dreadful situation.  I hope you get some help soon.  Although I don't normally recommend this, you can google something like 'headache and bleeding from ear' to get an idea of the sorts of things that could be wrong.