Heart Disease Community
NCS returning?

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

NCS returning?

I am AMAZED to see how many people have been diagnosed with NCS.. I was diagnosed in 1999, while I was a freshman in High School... at the time nearly no one had heard of it, and with the internet as it was, there wasn't much discussion about it... I was passing out weekly at the time, was never given an option for medication and eventually "grew out of it" (of sorts... quit passing out so much anyway). I was also diagnosed with Cataplexy at the time, so I am still trying to figure out which was causing what exactly. Anyway, it is now 15 years later (what?!) And the symptoms are returning. I am wondering if anyone else has ever had the problem... I am also wondering if it could be something else mimicking the symptoms somewhat. My main question though to others with NCS / and or/ Cataplexy is:  Do you find that in moments of very intense stress or sudden surges of adrenaline that you shake uncontrollably, and almost pass out? Even in a job interview, or if you nearly hit a puppy on your way to work, or start a fire in the kitchen, whatever it is that causes *sudden* and intense stress.... Just wondering if it is related somehow because I am sick of it! LOL  

This discussion is related to Neurocardiogenic Syncope (Vasovagal Syndrome).
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, neurocardiogenic syncope has a mean prevalence of 22% in the general population. The prevalence and incidence of syncope increase with advancing age. Cataplexy is a sudden and transient episode of muscle weakness accompanied by full conscious awareness, typically triggered by emotions such as laughing and this is symptom of narcolepsy, a sleep disorder. Regards.