NSVT and HCM - ICD needed?

I've was diagnosed with HOCM (Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy)  almost 4 years ago.  I had open heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic  in Sept. of 2008 to reduce the thickness of my ventricular septum.   During this period, I have worn a holter monitor several times and never showed any serious rhythm issues..  My last holter (in Oct. of this year) showed one run  of NSVT.  I am learning that this can/is very serious in the presence of my kind of structural heart disease.  I was told by my cardiologist that I will most likely need an ICD and will be taking beta blockers and coumadin the rest of my life.  

Anyone else  in this same boat or has had an ICD implanted?  You impressions would be appreciated.

Thanks for any and all info.

I have HOCM also was implanted with my first ICD in 1991. I have to take beta blockers and an anti arrhythmic, No coumadin. I never had a lot of nsvt but had my share of v-tach. I was not crazy to get the implant but not ready to give up. I went through my first device with no problems. My second device saved my life twice so I am a strong supporter of ICD`s if you have serious rhythm problems. It`s been 18 years since first implant and five devices. HCM hearts can not handle arrhythmia`s very well so I have been told.
Have you seen the HCMA web site ? For anyone with HCM it is a site worth visiting.