NTproBNP Score
I was diagnosed with mild diastolic heart failure five years ago (due to long term, very difficult to control hypertension).  My condition does not effect my daily activities much at all.  I an still walk three miles on flat land without getting out of breath.  Recently I had what my Primary Care doctor thought was bronchitis (from bacteria) and she ordered a chest X -Ray and blood test, as well as prescribing an antibiotic.  The chest X Ray showed a small pleural effusion.  The doctor increased my Lasix and I feel fine.  The blood test shows an NTproBNP level of 1,079.  I've never heard of this test before, but I was told that the normal range for my age is under 172.  I know I have mild diastolic heart failure and I am attempting to manage it (by losing 30 lbs so far and getting my BP under control).  My question is:  just what are the implications of having an NTproBNP score of 1,079?  Is anyone familiar with this test?  Thanks.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

NT-proBNP are used to evaluate the severity of cardiac failure. This test can also help to differentiate if the symptoms are due to an underlying heart disease or due to other causes. Also, higher levels indicate a worsening prognosis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks.  The cardiologist did get back to me and said that NT-proBNP is an acute marker which will go up and down.  He said not to take the blood test over a third time since it just "muddies the waters".  (Mine went from 1,700 to 1,040 in a couple of days).  I realize I have a "condition" but it is quite manageable and I intend to reverse it.  Thanks for your response.