Heart Disease Expert Forum
NUMBNESS IS RIGHT ARM
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

NUMBNESS IS RIGHT ARM

LATELY, I HAVE BEEN HAVING A TINGLING - NUMBNESS FEELING IN MY RIGHT ARM, THAT GOES INTO MY HAND - ALTHOUGH THE TINGLING SENSATION IN MY HAND IS ONLY THROUGH MY LAST TWO FINGERS,  MY THUMB AND  FIRST TWO FINGERS DO NOT  TINGLE OR FEEL ASLEEP.  I HAVE HAD AN EKG AND IT WAS FINE.  COULD THIS BE CAUSED BY A PINCHED NERVE OR DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE.
Related Discussions

_
Dear C. Dickey, thank you for your question.  The numbness in your right hand is most likely caused by a problem with the ulnar nerve and not your heart.  If you have ever been hit in the elbow and had a stinging sensation in your hand referred to an your
"funny bone," then you should have experienced a similar sensation as you're feeling now.  Anginal chest pain begins in the chest and can travel down the arms, but would never just involve a few fingers of the hand.  You may have a bony growth of your elbow that is impinging on your ulnar nerve to cause your symptoms so I suggest you speak to your physician about this possibility.  I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Specific diagnoses and therapies can only be provided by your physician.

Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...