Heart Disease Expert Forum
NUMBNESS IS RIGHT ARM

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

NUMBNESS IS RIGHT ARM

LATELY, I HAVE BEEN HAVING A TINGLING - NUMBNESS FEELING IN MY RIGHT ARM, THAT GOES INTO MY HAND - ALTHOUGH THE TINGLING SENSATION IN MY HAND IS ONLY THROUGH MY LAST TWO FINGERS,  MY THUMB AND  FIRST TWO FINGERS DO NOT  TINGLE OR FEEL ASLEEP.  I HAVE HAD AN EKG AND IT WAS FINE.  COULD THIS BE CAUSED BY A PINCHED NERVE OR DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE.

_
Dear C. Dickey, thank you for your question.  The numbness in your right hand is most likely caused by a problem with the ulnar nerve and not your heart.  If you have ever been hit in the elbow and had a stinging sensation in your hand referred to an your
"funny bone," then you should have experienced a similar sensation as you're feeling now.  Anginal chest pain begins in the chest and can travel down the arms, but would never just involve a few fingers of the hand.  You may have a bony growth of your elbow that is impinging on your ulnar nerve to cause your symptoms so I suggest you speak to your physician about this possibility.  I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Specific diagnoses and therapies can only be provided by your physician.