Heart Disease Community
Needs Some Diagnosis

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Needs Some Diagnosis

I'm 23 year's old. I recently began to have extreme trouble with dizziness (about 3 months ago) and was told I had high blood pressure. They put me on Lisinopril. I ended up in the hospital a month later (Christmas Day) with chest pains. They then told me they thought the Lisinopril was to blame. They took me off Lisinopril and put me on Atenolol. The Atenolol (over the course of a couple of weeks) lowered my pulse rate too much and started causing my heart rate to become irregular. I ended up back in the hospital where they took me off of the Atenolol and put me on Hydrochlorithiazide. Unfortunately, it too seems to be disagreeing with me, and we still haven't figured out what the cause of it all is.

They've done numerous blood tests, thyroid tests, heart and kidney ultrasounds, elecrocardiograms, ran nuclear stuff through my blood stream and tracked it through an MRI, done chest x-rays, stress tests, and hooked me to heart monitors. So far, everything turns up fine according to everyone. I'm still having heart pains, irregular heart beats, and my blood pressure runs high almost daily. I've been living off of grilled chicken salads with no dressing and drinking water for the past three months, but even a switch in diet doesn't seem to have helped. I really hope I can figure this out soon.

My blood pressure this morning was 126/110... the bottom number being the highest it has for some time, while the top was actually low for once. However, the pulse was also 110, and I was only laying down still sleeping just moments before I checked it. I also had an irregular heartbeat once again.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Aaronhoffer added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
1 hr ago
Niki0315 is ...anxious Comment
Aug 26
Paxiled commented on Foods For Weight Loss...
Aug 26