Nitrostat question
Hi there,

As you probably know if you've followed my posts, I take isosorbide mononitrate routinely for chronic angina - the exact cause has yet TBD.

I have had possibly conflicting information from my cardiologist and my primary care physician, so let me ask here.

Is it a problem if I wind up taking more than 3 nitro, but spread over a few hours - not 3 in 15 minutes, the classic warning that something major is afoot?

Or, if I take more than 3 in any 24 hour time period but not in that benchmark 15 minute timeframe, is that a problem where I need to be calling 911?

I've asked my dr. as well (Kaiser) but would like to get the opinions from others who frequent this community.

thanks for your time.

~Dave
The question should not involve taking the nitro, but a clear description of the symptoms you are experiencing that prompt you to take the medication. Excessive use of nitro will not kill you, howeever the cells become acustomed to the substance and may not dilate as strongly. If you have unstable angina, use of nitro isd not contraindicated. Maybe yes, maybe no.  The answer to your question depends on many factors, and only your cardiologist is qualified to ptrovide you with the answer you seek.