Heart Disease Expert Forum
Normal EKG, but still not feeling well. Anxiety?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

This all started about a month ago. I started a new job that requires heavy lifting. One day I don't think I drank enough water because on the way home my hands got really tense where I couldn't move them, I was breathing heavy and felt like I was going to die. I got home and drank water and my hands loosened up, but I started having chest pains shortly after this and thought "I'm going to have a heartattack". I've been to the med center twice and they did 2 EKGS, both were normal. I've been checking my blood pressure at the local pharmacy and its been normal. I still don't feel right. Sometimes I feel like I'm dizzy, but I can't tell. The center of my chest was very tender today and it had me worried, and halfway through my workday my feet started sweating profusely. I felt a sense of doom. I do smoke and drink on the weekends but I've cut back. Could I have damaged my heart when I was so dehydrated and my hands locked up?. I'm not feeling tightness in my chest anymore, but sometimes I'll wake up in the morning with a heavy heartbeat. Someitmes I feel tiny bits of numbness in my left and right arms and legs. And every once in a while when I'm stressed I will have random chest pains, sometimes sharp but sometimes a pressure Could this just be in my head? Could there be a clot somewhere else? Any input would be appreciated.
One of the more serious causes of chest pain is coronary artery disease (impaired blood flow to the heart muscle due to blocked coronary blood vessels). Your symptoms are somewhat atypical for this but your smoking and drinking history do increase your risk.
  It would be useful to arrange to see your regular doctor. Your doctor will be able to can sit down with you and take a thorough history (including a review of any medications or complementary therapies you may be using) and examine you. Also discuss with him/her about arranging an exercise stress test for you. During this test you will walk on a treadmill. The treadmill will go faster and get steeper as you exercise. It gives your doctor very good information on how your heart muscle is able to cope when it has to work harder with exercise. If you have problems with blood flow to your heart this test should generally show this.