Normal EKG (x2) Echo and Holter Monitor

I have been having heart palpitations and higher than normal heart rate for two 1/2 months. I had a normal EKG w my PCP, but went in for an echocardiogram to be on the safe side. This was normal also. After ending up in the ER w palpitations, light headedness and tingly feelings in hands it was determined from the heart monitor that I was experiencing PVC's. A holter monitor was ordered to verify. The results came back showing that I am experiencing PVC's and that they are benign. The thing that has me worried is that my average heart rate was 97! I don't remember it being terribly high during the time I was wearing the monitor. Do PVC's cause the heart rate to appear higher than it actually is? I didn't don any strenuous exercise during while I had the monitor either. Only a moderate 2 1/2 mile walk with my dogs.

Thanks!
Hi, anxiety and pain can cause an increased heart rate. And the normal ECG may sometimes miss arrhythmias. PVC is premature ventricular contraction. The normal heart has an electrical system which works rhythmically. In PVCs there is an additional electrical system, which impinges on the normal one thus causing distortion of the usual rhythm of the heart, and so this can increase the heart rate. They usually do not need any therapy unless the PVCs are associated with underlying heart disease and periods of ventricular tachycardia. Regards.