Heart Disease Expert Forum
Normal Variations in HR/BP?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Normal Variations in HR/BP?

I'm interested in finding out the normal variations in blood
pressure and heart rate over the course of a day.  In particular
what would be acceptable blood pressure ranges and heart rates
(normalised if necessary) during situations such as driving to
work, stressful meetings, normal working, walking, sports, resting, eating and so on ... I'm trying to build up a picture of my responses over the course of a typical day and would like to have some norms to compare this against.  It seems that both my heart rate and BP are highly variable and I'd like to compare this to typical values.  Perhaps there is some work published on this topic which you could let me know about??

Thanks