Heart Disease Community
Norvasc BP Med

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Norvasc BP Med

Hi, I have High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol.  My doctor has me on Micardis HCT and Norvasc.  He just increased the Norvasc from 5 to 10 mg.  Since then, I don't feel well.  I get some swelling in my ankles (which the dr. told me I might get) but I also get pains and swelling in my hands and wrists.  Is this from the Norvasc?  My doctor said it's usually just the ankles.  Anyone with any similar experience?

Also, does Norvasc affect your weight?  I am having such a hard time losing any weight since I started this drug.
I checked online and it seems the generic name for Norvasc (in the U.S.) is amlodipine.  If you go to the "Health Topics" link above, you will find a couple different listings for amlodipine.  Hope that helps, but if it isn't what you're looking for, stop back and I'll see what else I can find to help you.

In the meantime, maybe someone who is familiar with the medication will be able to help.

connie