Heart Disease Expert Forum
Not taking blood pressure medicine

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Not taking blood pressure medicine
Posted By Pam on November 04, 1998 at 08:41:38:

I was wondering what would happen to someone that was taking medicine for High blood pressure for over 25 years to suddenly stop taking it.
Would it cause heavy breathing, fatigue, headaches, loss of hair, stomach ulcers, bleeding in the bowels?
I know this was a long question.  But I really need to know.  My mother in law has stopped taking her medicine and these are all the things that have gone wrong since she quit.
She has seen every doctor in town and this new one has her off her medicine and all the rest said she really needed it.
I wish you could reply to my e-mail address.
Thank you
A related discussion, BP medicine was started.