Heart Disease Community
Nuc. MRI Question

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Nuc. MRI Question

Can anyone tell me if this is normal????   Or what it means?  

left ventricle and diastolic volume is 124ml

generalized hypokensis of the left ven. wall.  Left ven. ejection fraction is 42%. Normal is felt to be 55-70%

Thanks!
Left ventricle and diastolic volume is 124ml represents the amount of blood in the pumping chamber after filling.  That appears to be normal.

Hypokenisis means there is an impairment of wall movement with the left ventricle wall.  When there is impairment of wall movement, the left ventricle loses its contractility.  The loss of contractility reduces the amount of blood pumped with each heartbeat.  The reference of EF is the fraction of blood pumped with each stroke and hypokinesis has reduced the EF to 42%.

Hope this gives you a perspective, and if you have any further questions, you are welcome to respond.  Take care.
Thanks for your reply.  I should have given a little more detail.  

My husband is a 28 year old US Marine.  He's never had any issues before but last April he began having chest pains.  Well, they never found a diagnosis, so they are medically separating us.  Currently, he's taking Nitro tablets as needed and Adalat-CC.  

Today, we were picking up med records and he stopped and said he felt like his heart was pumping out his chest.  He went straight to the ER.  However, I was reading over his med records and back in March, he had the nuclear stress test.  No one ever said anything about this.  

I'm really concerned because I don't know if it's something we should worry about or bring up.  Is it a condition?  A diagnosis?  I'm so confused.  And we have no cardiologist to ask.  His b/p is always high.  Today it was 150/89.  He's not overweight but he does have a family history of heart disease.  

Thanks!
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
drifter0213 commented on 0213
Paxiled commented on Men How to Keep It UP...
Paxiled commented on Some Foods From The O...