Nuclear Stress test results
Hello, I am a 51 year old female who lives a very healthy lifestyle. I have been experiencing angina for the past several months and I recently took a nuclear stress test. I can not see the cardiologist until next week so I am hoping you can shed some light on my diagnosis. " The patient reached a maximal heart rate of 154, which is 91% of predicted maximum. There is some thinning of the myocardium near the apex with  small area of reversible activity in anteroseptal region. Ejection fraction is 48%" In your explanation please define what would be done to reverse the activity. The EKG had been sent out for interpretation so I can not tell you what it said.
Thank you very much for your reply, Irene
First off, we're not doctors so please don't bank on our answers, you need to get a list of questions ready for when you do see a doctor.

Having said that, your EF% is low, normal is between 50% and 75% and represents the amount of blood pumped out of the heart with each beat.You reached 91% of hour max heart rate which is good, they only need 85% and will usually stop the test when you achieve it.

The other two findings would suggest an incomplete blockage that is not present upon rest but is under stress which would mean your heart has an area not getting enough oxygen when stressed. Please remember, these are read by a cardiologist for a reason, this could also just only be an issue with the image so you really should not get too concerned until you see you doctor. If they found anything dangerous you would not be waiting for an appointment, you would have seen a cardiologist the same day.

Don't stress about your report, it's not one that is very uncommon, and even if it is accurate, it is not terrible and can most likely be treated with meds since it's reversible. If they feel it's a major issue, worse case is a angiogram and a stent, but that's a big leap from where you are so I wouldn't get too worked up.

Let us know what they say and good luck,

Jon
Thanks very much for your answer Jon. It has was helpful to here. I have been doing somewhat better. I have been taking Ubiquinol, Acetl L-Carnitine, Hawthorn, Gingko, and Cordycep. The combination has lessened my episodes. I had the test outside of my town and am still waiting to have my local cardiologist read the images.
Bye for now, Irene