Heart Disease Expert Forum
Numbness and Bruising in lower leg

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Numbness and Bruising in lower leg

Yesterday, I had a tingling/numbing sensation at the back of my left leg, just under my knee in the upper calf area. After a couple of hours I started experiencing pain there - as if I had banged it on something. Later in the day a bruise appeared just below the sore area, and that bruise became very sore to the touch as well. After sleeping the night, the bruise seemed to have disappeared, but the pain and tingling was still in my upper calf and pain where the bruise was.
I notice that the bruise below the sore area seems to be coming back again today. Could these be symptoms of a blood clot?

Also, I have had sore knee joints for about 3 months now, an x-ray showed nothing. Do you think these symptoms are related?

Please let me know, thanx
Yes, these symptoms could all be related and could be due to a blood clot. Another possibility is that you have a cyst behind your knee. An x-ray would not be useful to diagnose these conditions, but an ultrasound might help exclude these conditions. At any rate, you ought to see your doctor about this.
I can't get in to my family doctor until tomorrow afternoon. Should I be going to emergency dept right away if I suspect a blood clot?
A related discussion, bruise and numbness on leg was started.