Numbness on right side - arm & leg
I am a 37 y/o female that has experienced numbness on the right side of my body - my arm, hand and leg. This is a problem I've had a while and ignored thinking it would go away. I do not have numbness on my face (as I've seen in other posts). I wouldn't say it's painful, however is more of an annoyance. Have been to dr. and had EMG and MRI - with and w/o contrast. No problems there. Dr. does not know what it could be and stated they could take nerve out to determine if there's damage or the other option is a spinal tap, which I'm against.   Has anyone else experienced similiar situations and if so, what was done to resolve the problem??
hi nicole
actually i've been experiencing numbness on the left side of my body and the caused is stressed. try going to a nerologist
I have been seeing a neurogolist, which is who requested the MRI be performed. I'm wondering if this isn't a pinched nerve in the neck. My question is what type of dr. can determine this?
do you have numbness on the right side of your thorax as well? it maybe a spinal cord tumor in the spinothalamic tract.  A neurologist is still the best one to see.  try looking for a new and better neurologist.  hope you get better.