Aa
A
A
Close
Obstructive Asymmetric Septal Hypertrophy
I am a 40 year old female and was just diagnosed with this yesterday.  My holter monitor showed over 13,000 PVC's in a 24-hour period.  Stress test was good (11 minutes).  My blood pressure has been high lately (for me) up to around 140/95 or so, give or take.  The diagnosis was made yesterday through ETT using the smelling pack to raise my heart rate.  It is only when my heart rate is high that there is an obstruction, otherwise, it's non-obstructive.  My birth father died at the age of 37 from a massive heart attack.  I am adopted but I've found this out through his family.  My question is, I have three children - what are the chances that I've passed this on to them?  They are 12, 6 and 4 and very athletically inclined.  Should I limit their physical excertion until I get them tested?  I'm on beta blockers now for this problem.  Is there anything else that I can do to slow the progression of this disease?  Does this mean that I could die young?  I was told to wear a telemetry strap during excertion and slow down when my heart rate reaches a certain level (to be determined later after another stress test in two weeks).  I feel too young to be dealing with this but want to give myself and my family every advantage so I'm trying to load up on information.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764