Heart Disease Expert Forum
Obtaining (monocor)betablockers from UK-bisoprolol fumerate
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Obtaining (monocor)betablockers from UK-bisoprolol fumerate

Hi,
I have just moved to the States 2 months ago from UK and have been on medication above for 2 years to control frequent episodes of tachycardia. I have been put onto Zebeta whilst over here as Monocor is not heard of over in America but it does not agree with me and makes me drowsy with no affect on controlling my racing heart.I have had 5 nasty episodes already. My doctor is reluctant to change my tablets and I know that if I could get hold of Monocor I would be stable. I also wish to become pregnant very soon and need some advice on what to take and not to take so as not to harm the baby.
Thanks for your time.I am in America for 2 years plus.
Related Discussions
238668_tn?1232735930
Dear Caroline,
Zebeta is the same thing as monocor.  They are both bisoprolol, just different names.  Much like Panadol and Tylenol are the same thing with different names.  I suppose there may be different colorings, etc. that you could be reacting to.  Could someone mail you a supply from back home?
4 Comments
Blank
thanks for your reply,
Zebeta may well be the same thing but it must have certain differences as 1.they dont control my heart so well and 2. they make me extremely drowsy and whilst going back onto Monocor with the small supply I have left I feel absolutely fine-until they run out that is. Yes I would like them to be sent over to me but is this legal to do? Or would the drugs not be allowed across?
Could you also let me know if what im taking is safe during pregnancy. Thanks again.
Blank
238668_tn?1232735930
I don't know the answer but were I you I would adopt a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.  You will need to talk with your OB concerning safe drugs during pregnancy.
Blank
fy
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity