Odd Heart Beats
Hello, I am 20 years old and in fairly good shape. I try to stay active and I try to run every other day. Yet, for the past few months I have been experiencing what feels like an odd heart beat. I will be sitting down and it feel like my heart suddenly beats really hard a couple of times. It is almost like a hard slow muscle spasm right around the heart. Yet, other times it feels almost like a quick quiver in the same place. Thought they only happen a few times a day and only last just 1 or 2 seconds. I don't feel any pain or discomfort when they happen, but I am concerned because my father has an electrical condition with his heart that causes it to flutter. I would greatly appreciate any information anyone could give me.

Thank you,
Mike
it sounds like it may be a palpitation, but given the fact its concerning you, and you have a family history of an electrical issue, it would be best to stick on the side of caution and get it checked out.. mention it to your primary care physician, he will likely give a monitor to wear for 24 hours.

good luck!!!
Sounds like a PVC to me too. I would go get it checked out to be on the safe side.  Palpitations in a normal heart are nothing to worry about, just a big nuisance.  
Im a 25 yr old male and starting having palps about a year ago.  I had several hundreds a day.  I went and got a stress test and event recorder, and everything was fine.  I started working out more and doing healthier things and they got better.  I would go to the doctor, get it tested and move on.  Everyone has palps, sadly your one of us that has to feel them! :)